Lifetime is a kayak manufacturer with many well-known, beautiful models. One popular series includes the tamarack line that is mostly used for fishing since it features a sit-on-top design.
There are some differences in the two models of Lifetime Tamarack 100 and 120. Despite being from the same series, there are significant similarities and differences between the Lifetime Tamarack 100 vs 120. In this article we will teach you everything you need to know about the differences.
Lifetime Tamarack 100 vs 120
Although they are similar in many aspects, there are a few key differences between these two kayaks.
Lifetime Tamarack 120
The Lifeline Tamerack series of kayaks is popular among fishermen. Among them, the tamarack 120 model is well-known for bearing fishing loads due to its capacity of 275 lbs.
The bottom of this kayak is flat which helps it to be stable when fishing. There is a large storage option in the kayak – perfect for long-time fishing. The weight of the kayak, 52 pounds, can be easily carried using paddles
This kayak body is 31 inches wide, which enables adults to comfortably sit in it. The depth of the 13-inch model makes for an enjoyable paddling session with a padded seat that provides comfort.
The kayak is designed with two flush mounts rod holders, which are great for tracking. The high-density polyethylene makes the body strong to handle current conditions and there’s UV protection all over the kayak.
The kayak has shock cords and T-handles on both the front and rear. It also has handles for easy transportation when needed.
Features of The Lifetime Tamarack 120
- The High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) body is incredibly durable and stable
- The kayak is large enough for nearly any adult to be comfortable
- Offers a large storage capacity compared to inflatable kayaks
- Easy to carry and transport
- Large storage space and room for fishing equipment
- Easy to transport this kayak
- Can carry a large amount of weight on the water
- High-Density body makes it durable
- UV protection material across the entire kayak
- Perfect for fishing with multiple rod mounts
- Oldish model compared to better looking models
Lifetime Tamarack 100
The Lifetime Tamarack 100 is the upgrade of the 120, and it also features a 10-foot body and 31-inch width. The 14-inch depth will keep you stable on water trips.
The comfortable seat, padded backrest, and adjustable seat height of this kayak make paddling more relaxing. The 31-inch width of the hull also makes it easier to maneuver in low waters.
This kayak weighs 2lbs less than the 120 which provides a bit more speed. However, it still offers stability thanks to its chine rails and stable flat bottom.
Front and rear shock cords are available for added safety during paddling or fishing.
The kayak has two T-handles in the front and back for easy transport, a high-density polyethylene body that facilitates durability even when facing strong currents and waves, as well as a layer of UV protection over the entire boat.
As the latest version, Lifetime Tamarack 100 can catch fish for a more extended period and provide stability. The larger storage compound helps you to generate more speed. Get 5-year warranty with this new lifetime tamarack 100 product!
Features of The Lifetime Tamarack 100
- The body is made out of a strong plastic called High-Density Polyethylene.
- The seat with a padded back is good. It is comfortable and adjustable.
- Multiple positions for your feet to be comfortable.
- The UV protected layer is all over the kayak body.
- This product is easy to take with you. There are handles on the front and back of the kayak.
- Huge storage system for fishing equipment
- There is a limited 5-year warranty on this kayak
- The kayak body is durable and UV protected
- The kayak is lighter for easier transportation and control on the water
- Longer kayaks will probably be faster on still water
Lifetime Tamarack 100 VS 120: Which Kayak To Choose?
The Lifetime Tamarack 100 and 120 come with almost identical specifications. The length, weight capacity, width, height, and draft are all the same in these two kayaks. The pricing is also very similar; however the Lifetime Tamarack 100 is updated model of the original series.
The 100 has less weight than the 120 and also comes with an adjustable backrest and multiple footrest features. You will get the best possible service from both these kayaks, but as the new one, you should go for lifetime tamarack 100.
100 Vs 120 Conclusion
The tamarack series from the lifeline company is well-known for its fishing assistance capability. The most popular in this series are the 100 and 120 editions of lifetime’s tamarack. If you’re unsure which one to buy, we recommend reading more about the differences between the two models.
The two kayaks from Lifetime are both top-quality. You’ll be well taken care of with either one for a long time. The newer Tamarack 100 is lightweight, but retains features and practicality found in the older boats as well. If you’re looking for one boat over another, choose the Tamarack 100.